Today’s show features an interview with three amazing women entrepreneurs. It’s an interesting conversation and insight about their life and business journeys and challenges. They eloquently provide their perspective and wisdom on life outside of cancer which is valuable insight for all women, and especially for those currently on the cancer journey. My vision for today’s episode is to inspire women with cancer, to look beyond cancer as well as to shift perspective on cancer and view it as a catalyst for positive change in life, moving forward.
My guests today are three amazing women – Sara, Leslie and Alex – who all do important work in their own right and make the world a better place:
Sara Dean is the creator and host of the Shameless Mom Academy Podcast, a top rated podcast with over 1 million downloads. Sara’s biggest passion is helping women own their space. After enduring her own identity crisis following the birth of her son, Sara took her background in psychology, health, wellness and rebuilt her identity, one step at a time. Sara motivates and inspires women to stop shrinking and start growing. She is on a mission to inspire women and moms, in particular, to live bigger, bolder, braver #everydamnday.
Leslie Tagorda who’s been designing visual brands and websites since 2002 and is a lover of all things astrology. Earlier this year, she had an epiphany when she realized that in astrology, we are made up of different signs and archetypes that create a combination that makes us uniquely US… so it made sense that brands must have a special divine combination too! This realization led Leslie to reframe her work and create an astro-branding system that becomes the North Star for the founder’s brand, shining the light on where to go and how to get there. Leslie used the same system on reigniting her business with inspired action to move forward, and now she shares this powerful astro-branding framework with others!
Alexandra Ellis is a Self-Care and Wellness coach who specializes in helping people get out of pain through self-care, wellness, and movement. Many of her clients are people who have been clenching their teeth to push through it and others who don’t even realize that life without pain is possible. Her teaching and studies focus on injury prevention, rehabilitation and wellness, inspired by her studies at UC Davis where she earned a bachelors degree in Exercise Biology. She has made it her life’s mission to better understand how the body works to help you take back control of your self-care, strength, and injury recovery.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How we all struggle in similar ways which brings us closer together and confirms that we all need encouragement and support
- That we are all figuring it out as we grow in life and business, and how important it is to seek help along the way
- The value and significance of being part of community, and its effect on our personal development and healing
- Insightful perspectives and perception of time during major events or crisis in our lives
- Why learning how to ask for help and get help is one of the best lessons in life
- How the language we use to talk about our pain, diagnosis and condition matters for healing and recovery
- When we establish healthy boundaries and stop people-pleasing, toxic people tend to leave our lives
- Why shifting the perspective on cancer is important, and how to leverage cancer as a catalyst for positive change